Morning Sessions 8.45am - 11.45am Monday - Friday
Afternoon Sessions 11:45am - 2:45pm Monday - Friday
Six Hour Sessions 8:45am - 2:45pm Monday - Friday
ph: 09 238 8047
PO Box 616,
Pukekohe Central Kindergarten was established and opened in 1954. The kindergarten has a long history of involvement within the Franklin Community. This has resulted in a strong connection with generations of families.Pukekohe is a rapidly growing diverse urban community. Families from Pukekohe Central Kindergarten transition to 12 primary schools within the area at age 5.
Pukekohe Central Kindergarten welcomes you and your child to join our well- resourced, fun and exciting environment where all staff are qualified.
We have a fun and educational place where children can meet and make friends while they explore and experience new and exciting challenges. A place in which parents/ whanau are welcome to spend time with their children. An environment where children have the opportunity to make their own choice and are affirmed as capable and independent leaners. Through Professional Development we provide the ongoing quality of Early Childhood Education. We welcome and support student teachers from various tertiary organisations within New Zealand and overseas.
The programme at Pukekohe central Kindergarten is….
- Child initiated.
- Designed to support children to be independent thinkers.
- Designed to offer choice and variety, giving children experience of working at different levels.
- Based on the concept that children learn by doing themselves.
We prepare children for the wider world by….
- Developing independence in thought and action.
- Encouraging children to be aware of their environment and to use and care for it.
- Building on language, maths and pre-reading skills at an individual level.
- Encouraging the growth of self-esteem and confidence.
- Encouraging them to take responsibility for themselves.
- Encouraging them to respect and care for others.
“We had gone to a lot of kindergartens to choose which one my daughter would feel great with, she choose Pukekohe Central Kindergarten, why? She felt at ease and welcome and excited to learn more and meet new friends. My daughter has learnt so much from teachers and would recommend this kindergarten to anyone. It’s very multicultural which I think is great, especially learning different protocols of each race” – Juliana, Kindergarten Parent.
Head Teacher - Sarmila
Teacher - Joanna
Teacher - Stuti
0.8 Teacher - Krista
0.6 Teacher - Michele
Admin Assistant/Teacher Aide - Amber