Qualified Teacher Relief Positions
We welcome applications from qualified and registered early childhood teachers who wish to join our pool of teachers who are available for casual work when required.
Please read the information below before requesting an application pack.
We are currently able to only respond to queries from potential applicants who hold the following relevant qualifications:
- A recognised New Zealand qualification (diploma or degree) as an Early Childhood Educator or;
- A qualification that has been assessed by NZQA as being equivalent to a degree in teaching as an Early Childhood Educatorin New Zealand.
- A current New Zealand Teachers Council Practicing Certificate (the categories of provisional, subject to confirmation or full registration are all acceptable)
Minimum Requirements for Applicants:
Applicants who hold the relevant qualifications must also be able to meet the following minimum requirements for work as a reliever:
- You can work a minimum of 6 hour days in centres with minimum start and finish times of 8.30am -3.00pm.
- You are available for at least 3 days per week.
- You are available for work in at least one geographical area within the Association (either North, Central or South areas) and are not limited to work in specific centres only.
- You have recent practice as an Early Childhood Educator in New Zealand settings and/or,
- You have undertaken recent professional development or study that has provided you with current knowledge of theory and practice in Early Childhood education.
- You have a drivers licence and own transport
In addition, the following criteria are desirable and will increase the range of suitable work available for you:
- You are able to work across a wide geographical area within the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association
- You are available to work 8 hour days in centres
- You can work up to 5 days a week
- You can also work in our Early Learning Centres based in Wattle Downs, Manurewa and Takanini, which operate full day care and education programmes for children aged 6 months-5 years, and can work 9-hour days with start and finish times between 7.30am -5.30pm and a one-hour lunch break.
- You can work during term break times in our centres that remain open.
If you feel you meet the above requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.