Come and join us at George Street Kindergarten and be part of your Kindergarten Community. Awesome children, high quality environments and great teachers create a fantastic community for learning
What does the learning environment at George Street Kindergarten offer for my child?
A high-quality educational programme with qualified teachers and a well-resourced learning environment; our play environment fosters children’s learning and development. It invites children’s exploration, encourages their social interactions and enriches their creativity.
Our large outdoor area offers a wide open space and equipment designed to encourage and challenge all aspects of your child’s learning. A wide range of equipment and resources for all curriculum areas is available to encourage and challenge all aspects of your child’s learning and development.
What makes George Street Kindergarten special or unique?
Children learn alongside and with their peers. Children benefit from learning in similar age social groups because talking and playing together sparks ideas.
At George Street Kindergarten we actively encourage and welcome community and family involvement. Our partnerships with parents and local schools support effective transition to school for children
Why attend George Street Kindergarten?
- We are semi-rural in a small close-knit community
- We acknowledge and value the prior experiences and knowledge that children bring to kindergarten
- We value and respect our bicultural heritage and the cultural diversity of our kindergarten.
- We believe that children learn best through play and a variety of hands-on experiences
- We value and respect the building of reciprocal relationships with parents/whānau through encouraging their input and participation in the kindergarten programme
- We believe teachers and children/whānau work together as partners in learning.
View our latest ERO Report
Head Teacher – Hayley
(Acting) Head Teacher – Helen
Teacher – Rose
Teacher Aide – Vacancy
Admin Assistant/ Lunch Cover- Lisa
The Enviroschools programme supports children and young people to plan, design and implement sustainability actions that are important to them and their communities.
The programme provides pathways from early childhood through primary, intermediate and secondary school and beyond. Through our collaborative approach of building strong relationships and sharing information, we are growing a collective puna mātauranga or pool of knowledge.
Enviroschools is supported by a national team, in partnership with nearly 100 national and regional partners, including the majority of New Zealand’s councils. Facilitators from these partner organisations work with a suite of resources to progress the sustainability journey.
To find out more about Enviroschools please visit the website.