Papakura North Kindergarten is situated on a quiet urban street in between two local reserves. Having been an integral part of the local community for over 40 years our large natural outdoor environment enables children to connect with the local flora and fauna.
We believe that to give children the optimum start in lifelong learning they require a foundation that acknowledges their holistic development. Our qualified teaching team supports tamariki to develop their motor, social, language and cognitive skills through play experiences.
View our latest ERO Report
View our Te Whariki Curriculum
We encourage whanau to visit and discover what makes us unique
- Children moving freely between indoors and outdoors throughout the day
- Spacious environment supports large group, small groups and individual learning experiences
- Whanau based where siblings can enroll together
- Offer morning, afternoon, 6 hours and all day
- A bronze enviroschool kindergarten that encourages our young children to develop a respectful relationship with all living and non living things.
Head Teacher – Paula
Teacher – Jasmin
Teacher – Crystal
Teacher Aide/ Lunch Cover – Vacancy
Administration Assistant – Maria
The Enviroschools programme supports children and young people to plan, design and implement sustainability actions that are important to them and their communities.
The programme provides pathways from early childhood through primary, intermediate and secondary school and beyond. Through our collaborative approach of building strong relationships and sharing information, we are growing a collective puna mātauranga or pool of knowledge.
Enviroschools is supported by a national team, in partnership with nearly 100 national and regional partners, including the majority of New Zealand’s councils. Facilitators from these partner organisations work with a suite of resources to progress the sustainability journey.
To find out more about Enviroschools please visit the website.