20 HOURS EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (ECE) REALLY IS FREE FOR SESSIONS WHO OFFER 6 HOURS SESSIONS AT COUNTIES MANUKAU KINDERGARTEN ASSOCIATION
CHILDREN WHO ARE 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD:
- If your child is 3 or 4 years and you opt into the government funded “20 hours ECE” scheme then your child’s first 20 hours of attendance at one of our kindergartens is free.
- This funding is provided by the government and is available for everyone, regardless of your family income.
- When your child starts kindergarten you can complete an Attestation Form at the kindergarten to claim your 20 Hours Free.
- Your local kindergarten will claim this funding for you when your child starts at kindergarten.
CHILDREN WHO ARE 2 YEARS OLD:
CMKA is committed to increasing participation in quality Early Childhood Education services by making sure our kindergartens are affordable for everyone.
- If your child is 2 and they attend one of our kindergartens, we also offer some free sessions. Conditions Apply! Limited Vacancies!
- Once your child turns 3, you will need to opt into the government funded 20 Hours ECE scheme to continue to receive up to 20 hours free attendance.
HOW DOES THE 20 HOURS ECE FUNDING WORK FOR YOU?
- You do not need to use all of your “20 Hours ECE” that you access under the government funded scheme (only available for 3 and 4 year old children), at one early childhood centre
- You may choose to only use some of your “20 Hours ECE”
- You will be asked to sign an attestation form to say how you want to use your “20 Hours ECE”.
- If all of your child’s hours of attendance at kindergarten are covered by your “20 Hours ECE”, then their attendance will be at no cost.
- If some of your child’s hours of attendance at kindergarten are not covered by your “20 Hours ECE”, then a fee will be charged for these hours.
Please contact your local centre for further information on how you can use your 20 Hours Early Childhood Education.