The Kindergarten Support Group operates under an Association By-Law and membership is open to parents/whanau of children attending or on the waiting list of the kindergarten and people within the kindergarten community who express an interest in supporting the kindergarten.
The activities of the Kindergarten Support Group work in partnership with the Head Teacher and teaching team to assist with:
- Promoting the kindergarten to families and the wider community
- Supporting and promoting the kindergarten’s family/community events
- Promoting the opportunities for families to participate in the kindergarten
Each Kindergarten Support Group elects a Representative to be a member of the Association and this person officially represents the kindergarten at the Association’s Annual General and Special meetings.
The Kindergarten Support Group Representative plays a key role in promoting the opportunities for parents and whanau to work in partnership with the Head Teacher and the teaching team to support the kindergarten.
The Kindergarten Support Group Representative is elected by the Kindergarten Support Group to:
- be a member of the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association with speaking and voting rights at the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association Annual General and Special meetings.
- nominate or second nominations for members of the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association Board of Management
- sign resolutions to apply for community grants on behalf of the Kindergarten Support Group.