Through their play, exploration and learning experiences, children:
- Develop the dispositions necessary for lifelong learning – courage, curiosity, trust, playfulness, confidence, responsibly and perseverance
- Learn about our world and the diverse people who inhabit it, including respect for other cultures, languages and traditions.
- Learn communication and social skills which develop through working and playing with others
- Develop numeracy and mathematics skills
- Learn important literacy skills such as recognising and understanding print and symbols, through story-telling, reading books, and expressing their ideas and thoughts
- Develop creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Explore their ideas and theories about physical and natural sciences, and learn how to express these.
- Experience self-expression through art, music and drama
- Share and explore their understandings of people, places things and events.