Applications are now open!
We are proud to announce that CMKA is the funding a scholarship to support the provision of teacher education programmes.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support Māori or Pacific Nations students, returning to study from work or parenthood, who aspire to achieve a degree level qualification, enabling them to pursue a teaching career in Early Childhood Education.
- “We strive to consistently provide quality ECE to the highest standard and deliver educational excellence for all.” CMKA Strategic Plan 2018-2020
- To align with He taonga tetamaiti / Every child a taonga – Early learning action plan 2019-2029:
- Objective 3; 3.3and 9: Teaching staff and leaders are well qualified, diverse, culturally competent and valued.
- Objective 5; 5.5:Early learning services are part of a planned and coherent education ecosystem that is supported, accountable and sustainable.
- The applicant identifies their ethnic identity as Maori or Pacific Nations.
- The applicant has been accepted into a study institution approved by CMKA –
- Auckland University
- Massey University
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Te Rito Maihoa
- A degree in Teaching – Early Childhood Education
- Advanced Diploma – Early Childhood Education that will result in a Teaching Qualification
3. The applicant has identified a professional mentor to ensure the study pathway is achievable and supported. (The mentor is subject to approval by CMKA).
- Application in the form of a covering letter is to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be received no later than April 30thfor mid-year intake or the 18th November for start-of-year intake, dependent upon the degree intake into which you have been accepted.
- Following receipt of your covering letter, you will be contacted and further information will be provided.