Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association
Community Engagement Coordinator Position – 35 Hours per Week (excluding School holidays)
Job Code: CET320
The purpose of the Community Engagement Coordinator role is to attract and coordinate with all whanau within the Counties Manukau region, and to develop strategies to engage with children and families that are currently not participating regularly with a Kindergarten or Early Childhood Centre.
• To transport children to and from designated surrounding areas of the kindergartens involved in the pick-up and drop-off service.
• To drive the playtruck as required (HT licence required along with clean drivers licence).
• To be responsive to individual community needs and hard to reach whanau, previous experience in working with children and families is required.
A sound knowledge of working within Maori and Pacific communities is essential.
This is a part-time position that fits in with pick-up and drop-off times of the kindergarten opening and closing hours working approximately 35 hours per week between the hours of 7.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday. You will not be required to work term breaks (school holidays).
This position requires:
• A full, clean driver’s license and HT Licence
• A current first aid certificate
• A Police vetting result that meets the conditions of the Vulnerable Children’s Act
The position requires the employee to:
• Fulfill and comply with all relevant CMKA Policies and procedures
• Communicate with young children effectively and in a positive manner
• Engage in positive relationships with the parents and whanau of the children enrolled in the service, and with the staff and children of the kindergarten
• Follow the reasonable direction of their Manager
• Have a good command of the written and oral English language
• Have the ability to work with a diverse range of people
• Meet deadlines in a timely manner and have good time-keeping abilities
• Understand and comply with the risk management associated with transporting young children
Start date to be negotiated.
Applicants will be required to undergo Police Vetting and cannot be appointed until such time as a successful result has been received by Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association.
Start date: To be negotiated
Hours required: Exact hours to be negotiated
Applications close: Friday 25th June 2021 at 4.00pm
Please send expressions of interest and C.V. to email@example.com