Early Learning Counties Manukau (ELCM) – Alfriston College, Manurewa
145 Alfriston Road, Manurewa, South Auckland
(ELCM is a subsidiary company of Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association)
Full Time Qualified Teacher Position – 40 Hours per Week
Job Ref Code : TEALFC386
This position would ideally suit teachers who have had experience working with children from 6 months to 5 years of age – with the ability to adapt easily in all teaching spaces across the centre.
Do you want to work for a community based organisation that places children before profit?
Would you like to work in a supportive, well resourced, high quality teaching and learning environment with a high performing teaching team?
This position would suit an experienced, registered teacher, who is flexible, self-motivated and passionate about teaching and learning. If you are a person who has a passion for providing respectful and responsive care and education to young children, if you are reflective and willing to be part of a collaborative team culture then this is the role for you!
This position requires the successful applicant to be adaptable to working with children between 6 months to 5 years of age. An interest and experience with Reggio Emilia and current approaches to teaching and learning would be an advantage.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Hold a NZ ECE teacher qualification (minimum level 7) and be provisionally or fully registered as an ECE teacher in New Zealand
- Ability to teach children in a positive, nurturing way
- Must be passionate, caring, and committed to education and care
- Be respectful and responsive to the needs of our young learners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective, strong relationships with children, whanau, team and the wider community
Generous employment terms and conditions, as well as professional development opportunities provided
Start date: 9th January 2023
Hours required: Monday – Friday 40 hours (8 hours per day between 7.30am – 5.30pm)
Applications close: 4.00pm Monday 28th November 2022
Qualified Teacher Applicants require a Level 7 Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current New Zealand teacher registration practising certificate.
Applicants for this position require NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.