Early Learning Counties Manukau (ELCM) – Alfriston College, Manurewa
145 Alfriston Road, Manurewa, South Auckland
(ELCM is a subsidiary company of Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association)
Full Time Infants & Toddlers Teacher
Job Ref Code : TEALFC453
We are seeking a warm, nurturing and respectful Under 2’s teacher who is passionate about Infants & Toddlers, brimming with energy and creativity to join our teaching team.
• Are you a fully registered Qualified ECE Teacher who is interested in working for a community-based organisation that places children before profit?
• Would you like to work in a supportive, well resourced, high quality teaching and learning environment?
• Are you an experienced heart-centred Infants & Toddlers teacher looking for professional growth?
This Infants & Toddlers position would suit an experienced, registered teacher, who is flexible, self-motivated and passionate about teaching and learning. Seeking a teacher who has a passion for providing respectful and responsive care and education to Infants & Toddlers. You will need to be attuned to follow the rhythms of infants and toddlers, which is demonstrated through respectful practice, acknowledging them as capable and competent and giving them time to develop at their own pace in an unhurried manner. You will preferably have a wealth of experience working with our youngest tamariki.
The teaching position requires the successful applicant to work with children aged 6 months to 2 years. An interest and experience with Reggio Emilia and current approaches to teaching and learning would be an advantage.
We value our community and whānau and hold importance in our children being immersed in and demonstrating whanaungatanga, manaakitanga, ukaipotanga and tuakana teina relationships so this is an integral part of our everyday environment.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Hold a NZ ECE teacher qualification (minimum level 7) and be provisionally or fully registered as an ECE teacher in New Zealand
• Ability to teach Infants & Toddlers in a positive, nurturing way
• Must be passionate, caring, and committed to education and care
• Be respectful and responsive to the needs of our young learners
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build effective, strong relationships with Tamariki, Whanau, team and the wider community
If you are reflective and willing to be part of a collaborative team culture then this is the role for you!
We offer a range of professional learning opportunities and great professional support, including support for provisionally certificated teachers through an in-depth mentoring programme.
Generous employment terms and conditions, as well as professional development opportunities provided
Start date: To be negotiated
Hours required: Monday – Friday 40 hours (8 hours per day between 7.30am – 5.30pm)
Applications close: Friday 12th January 2024 at 4.00pm
Qualified Teacher Applicants require a Level 7 Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current New Zealand teacher registration practising certificate.
Applicants for this position require New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work visa and must currently reside in New Zealand.
To apply click on the link attached