Manukau Central Kindergarten – Full Time Teacher Position
Job Code: TEMANC451
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) in an established and well-resourced, multi-cultural Kindergarten in the Manukau area.
This Kindergarten operates from 8.00am – 5.00pm with a roll of 30 children and a 1:10 teacher to child ratio and open in the term breaks (school holidays).
We are seeking a Teacher who is versatile and a great communicator, who can lead and deliver quality teaching practices in a team environment, work with Tamariki in a mixed age setting, and is willing and proactive around change and who has a passion for working in multi-cultural communities. Work with a fabulous team where your sound knowledge of ECE curriculum practices, relationship building skills, energy and passion for teaching our young learners will be reciprocated and rewarded!
The successful applicant must have sound knowledge of current approaches to teaching and learning, be committed to on-going professional development, have a passion for supporting, extending and documenting children’s lines of inquiry, a commitment to using ICT in innovative and meaningful ways with children and for documenting learning. Applications are invited from teachers holding provisional or full certification.
- B Ed/Dip Teaching Level 7 (ECE) and current teacher registration/certification
- Good understanding of child led curriculum, planning and extending on our children’s learning
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the current ECE Regulations, Te Whariki and hold compliance in a high regard
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi through pedagogical practices
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with Tamariki, Whanau, teaching team and the wider community
- Passion and commitment for teaching and learning with a focus on delivering quality education and care
Generous employment terms and conditions, as well as quality professional development opportunities are offered.
Start date: January 2024
Hours required: Monday to Friday 40 Hours per week
Applications close: Friday 12th January 2024 at 4.00pm
Applicants require a minimum Level 7 Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current teacher registration practicing certificate.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and reside in New Zealand currently.
To apply for this position please download click on the attached link