Early Learning Counties Manukau (ELCM) Park Estate – Full Time Teacher
Job Code Reference: TEPARKE423
Seeking a Qualified Teacher who has the flexibility to work with all ages across the centre, but has a particular passion for teaching and caring for children aged between 6 months and 3 years of age.
Are you brimming with energy, passion and creativity? Are you a fully registered ECE Qualified Teacher and looking to continue your journey in the field of Early Childhood Education? Join our fun-loving team at ELCM Park Estate!
We see ourselves as a home away from home in the heart of Rosehill, Papakura. We believe children have the right to a beautiful environment, a sense of belonging and that they feel safe away from home. We value our community and whānau and hold importance in our children being immersed in and demonstrating whanaungatanga, manaakitanga, ukaipotanga and tuakana teina relationships so this is an integral part of our everyday environment.
We are seeking a dedicated, caring, passionate teacher who has a love of working with our young learners in the 6 months to 3 years age groups. The philosophies of RIE and Pikler underpin our practice which is reflected within our centre way of being. You will preferably have a wealth of experience working with our youngest tamariki. You will need to have a calm, patient and centred personality with a thoughtful approach to nurturing and guiding young children, along with excellent relationship building skills with tamariki, whanau, team and the wider community.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Hold a NZ ECE teacher qualification (level 7) and be provisionally or fully registered as an ECE teacher in New Zealand
• Ability to teach children in a positive, nurturing way
• Must be passionate, caring, and committed to education and care
• Experience in an inspired Reggio centre would be advantageous
• Above all, have fun while working alongside a fabulous team and group of children!
• A brand new, purpose-built centre nestled in large grounds with beautiful natural spaces. We are currently licenced for 50 children.
• An experienced team, ready to welcome new members to our growing centre.
• A range of professional learning opportunities and great professional support
• Support for provisionally certificated teachers, through an in-depth mentoring programme
If this sounds like you and you hold a New Zealand Diploma or Bachelor in Early Childhood Education Level 7, and hold either a provisional or are fully certificated, we want to hear from you.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the Early Learning Centre in Park Estate. Please contact the Centre Manager on (09) 298 3081 to arrange a suitable time for a visit.
Generous employment terms and conditions, as well as quality professional development opportunities are offered.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8 hours per day) between the hours of 7.30am – 5.30pm
Applications Close: 4.00pm Friday 9th June 2023
Qualified Teacher Applicants require a Level 7 Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current New Zealand teacher registration practising certificate.
Applicants for this position require NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply click on the link attached.
To apply for this position please provide your CV together with a covering letter and use the link attached to submit your application by clicking here
Position Description – Qualified Teacher