Early Learning Counties Manukau (ELCM) Takanini
Full Time Qualified Teacher
Job Code Reference: TETAKA457
Seeking an experienced teacher with the flexibility to adapt easily in all teaching spaces across the centre with all age groups as required.
This position would suit a fully registered experienced teacher who is heart-led and passionate about ECE .
Are you looking for a team of passionate teachers where children are the heart of each day?
- Would you like to work in supportive, well-resourced, high quality teaching and learning environments with experienced and capable leaders?
- Are in you interested in working for a community-based organisation that places children before profit?
The successful applicant:
We are currently seeking a Qualified Teacher with solid experience in ECE, whose heart very much leans towards young children and who practices respectful care moments and fosters responsive relationships across the wider team.
Our ideal team fit is a teacher who wants to be a part of a peaceful learning environment where kindness and respect is at the heart of all interactions. A teacher who can establish and maintain authentic, loving and respectful relationships, with the ability to foster inquiry learning. A teacher who is passionate and dedicated to creating rich and beautiful learning spaces that invite wonder and discovery for children. We believe children have the right to a beautiful environment, a sense of belonging and that they feel safe away from home. We value our community and whānau and hold importance in our children being immersed in and demonstrating whanaungatanga, manaakitanga, ukaipotanga and tuakana teina relationships so this is an integral part of our everyday environment.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Hold a NZ ECE teacher qualification (minimum level 7) and be provisionally or fully registered as an ECE teacher in New Zealand
- Ability to teach children in a positive, nurturing way
- Must be passionate, caring, and committed to education and care
- Be respectful and responsive to the needs of our young learners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective, strong relationships with children, whanau, team and the wider community
Do you have a lean towards creating beautiful learning spaces that invite wonder and discover for children? Do you have a strength in capturing learning meaningfully in written form? If you are someone who uses their initiative, is a self-starter, values being part of a collaborative team – then this may be the team for you!
Generous employment terms and conditions, as well as quality professional development opportunities are offered.
Start Date: To be negotiated
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8 hours per day) between the hours of 7.30am – 5.30pm
Applications Close: 4.00pm Friday 12th January 2024
Qualified Teacher Applicants require a Level 7 Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current New Zealand teacher registration practising certificate.
Applicants for this position require NZ residency (or a valid NZ work visa) and must be residing in NZ.
To apply click on the link attached.