Early Learning Counties Manukau (ELCM) – Takanini
(ELCM is a subsidiary of Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association)
Team Leader Position Preschool
Are you interested in working for a community based organisation that places children before profit?
ELCM Takanini is like a richly resourced treasure tucked away in our local community. Our large centre is privileged to have a positive reputation, full rolls and an ever growing wait list.
After 6 years open, our preschool team leader is leaving some big shoes to fill!
- Lead and teach from the heart?
- Model respectful practices and value relationships?
- Enjoy and grow professional collaboration amongst your team, with the ability to draw out individual strengths for the benefit of all?
- Value reflective practice and professional discussion?
- Foster a healthy culture for teachers and children to live and learn in?
- Have strong and effective communication skills that builds Whānaungatanga with a diverse learning community?
- Have sound working knowledge around planning, assessment and evaluation?
- Write high quality authentic documentation that captures learning journeys?
- Value and create beautiful learning spaces that foster ongoing inquiry and wonder for children?
We will offer you…
- High quality teaching and learning spaces with a very large natural outdoor environment.
- The leadership of a team of seven passionate preschool teachers who keep children at the heart of what they do each day
- 6 hours non-contact a week, 6 weeks annual leave, a mid-year two day team development Hui and other quality professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work alongside a supportive, experienced Centre Manager and additional Team Leader of our Infant and toddlers.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit our Early Learning Centre in Takanini. Please contact Jude on (09) 9744718 or email her (see below) to arrange a suitable time for a visit or for further information.
Applications close Friday 31st January 2020. Please send a C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply you must be a Qualified Early Childhood Teacher.
Applicants require a Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching ECE, current first aid certificate and current teacher registration practicing certificate and must be eligible to work in New Zealand.